Tuesday, January 14, 2014

TUESDAY TEN {PRODUCTS $10 & UNDER}


I own all of these products and I love them.
  1. Boscia blotting linens - $10
    The Boscia blotting linens are the Best ones I've ever used, by far. I bought a pack of the peppermint linens when they were on holiday sale at Sephora and loved them so much, I went back for the original green tea. They're even better than Tatcha and each pack holds 70 more sheets.
  2. Bernard Jensen Body Brush - $8.99 
    There are lots of noted benefits to body brushing, but I just like how soft my skin feels afterwards. The Bernard Jensen brush has all natural bristles - I bought mine from Whole Foods.
  3. Sea Minerals Dead Sea Mud Mask - $6.69 
    I bought the Sea Minerals Dead Sea Mud Mask when it was on a special sale for $3 on VitaCost. It is amazing. It's actual mud from the Dead Sea, so it smells salty (read: beachy) and feels really gritty. My skin literally glows afterwards.
  4. Ole Henriksen Complexion Sponges - $6 
    The Ole Henriksen complexion brushes are perfect for traveling; they're also great for daily use, so use them on the off days from a Clarisonic.
  5. Kirk's Original Coco Castile Soap - $3.99 for 3pk 
    I just discovered this soap. I was trying to find some other coconut soap my mom recommended but this was the only coconut soap at Walgreens so I decided to give it a try (you can't beat the price)… I am in Love. It's way less expensive than Dr. Bronner's castile soap, only contains five ingredients (coconut soap, water, vegetable glycerin, coconut oil, & natural fragrances), my skin has been ridiculously soft all day, And I didn't feel the need to use lotion after my shower. I've texted everyone I know to recommend it - it's That good.
  6. Savannah Honey Company Beeswax Hand & Nail Salve - $9.50 
    I originally used to buy this as professional gifts, like for my old tutors or coworkers, but I finally bought one for myself because my hands have been really dry lately (which never used to be an issue… someone explain what's happening!), and I will Never turn back. It's not greasy at all, it absorbs really well, it's made from all natural products, And smells amazing to boot.
  7. Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips - $9.49 
    Boscia, which is a company I like, has these pore purifying black strips, which are 12 for $28. I've used them and they're nothing to write home about. The Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips are almost 3 times less for a pack of 14 - they work just as well, if not better, than Boscia's. 
  8. Alaffia African Black Soap (Peppermint) - $8.39 
    My friend Nelli introduced me to Alaffia's African Black Soap. It's a miracle product you can use as shampoo, hand/face soap, body wash, etc. I love the peppermint soap as shampoo (I love all peppermint shampoo) and face soap when my skin needs something more mild.
  9. Kiehl's Ultra Face Toner (2.5 fl. oz.) - $8 
    I usually use Kiehl's Cucumber Herbal Alcohol-Free Toner (at night) or their Rare Earth Pore Refining Toner (in the morning), but the 2.5 fl. oz. Ultra Face Toner is perfect for travel and a great way to acquaint yourself with Kiehl's toners.
  10. alba botanica very emollient natural sunblock spf45 - $6.99 
    If you're like me, you have a really hard time finding a good spf. I know this is horrible, but even though I've been trained all my life to treat spf as a basic need like food or water, I used to never wear it because I hate how greasy and thick it felt on my skin. All of them, no matter how hyped or expensive, always feel as though they're clogging my pores from the moment I put them on. I bought alba botanica's very emollient natural sunblock on a VitaCost product haul for travel size products to take on my trip to Mexico. It was a total whim.. I didn't expect much but I knew it wouldn't matter either way for the price. But this sunblock is the shining glory of my list - a tiny bit goes a long way: it's so light you hardly notice it's there. It's the perfect spf to use under makeup and it's made from all natural products - you're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment